You Only Live Once You Only Live Once

Xerus responds:

thx

Upgrade Complete 2 Upgrade Complete 2

Not bad

I can't find the upgrade to make the game more fun.

OOOOO BURN

Wake the Royalty Wake the Royalty

Horrible

#1 Rule of physics based games is reduce the effects of chaos.

If I have to play the same level EXACTLY THE SAME WAY 10 times in a row to beat it (because the balls didn't settle right or whatever), that's just bad design.

I know it's impossible to do a physics game without a little chaos, but it looks like you didn't put any effort into testing for that, as nearly every level I played had to be "beat" about 5 times before the solution actually worked

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

Bango! Bango!

Yes but no

Concept is good. The whole q-bert style game and variations of it is one idea most of us have had when designing games, and one most have abandoned when realizing how it doesn't quite work as a puzzle or is most of the time too easy to solve.

But, as a platformer like this it works much better than top-down or isometric, and allows a lot more freedom in level design. However, you did not implement it well at all.

Most obviously, people don't like being told they suck. I don't need a walkthrough, I died because I missed a jump, not cause I don't know how to beat this level. Sure, pop up the message once if they lose a bunch, but don't keep popping it up every other level, and for god sakes make it auto close after its obvious the person won't click it.

Second, the platforming engine kinda sucks. I hate skirting the edge of a block only to have it disappear before I can land on it. That's not good design at all for a game that should be more about the puzzles than the platforming.

Lastly, you didn't really design to your full potential. You kinda got there with the paint buckets and stuff, but you never used them to make interesting puzzles, and thus it felt a lot more like the game was about raw skill than actually trying to think.

That is all.

SHIFT 4 SHIFT 4

FORECLOSURE????

You'll be hearing from my lawyers Tony, because you didn't have an explicit textual written contract to use MY property in promoting YOUR game.

(That is if I had a lawyer, the forclosure made me a little tight on cash)

Spewer Spewer

SWINE FLU?

The little pink thing, the doctors, the vomiting, all signs point to... SWINE FLU! OMFG.... you've doomed us all

Conspiracy?

Catalyst Catalyst

Zoop!

Ya I had that for the game gear... good timesw

It's not as fun as I remember but its well made

RetroShoot RetroShoot

looking past the pretty presentation

Ya it's neon and a shooter and stuff blows up and there's techno, ya I've seen it before.

To be fair, the rotating screen and enemy variation was nice, and there was a hook to it the first time I played.

However, I could not get back to the same point on my second or 3rd time trying.

Powerup downgrading like yours only works if powerups are generated on player skill, NOT RANDOM CHANCE!

You can't ignore this problem forever.

Run Elephant Run Run Elephant Run

Why must you entangle politics and games?

omfg the whole point of this game is to make fun of republicans omg. Quit being such a pothead democrat john! I can see past your innuendo, you DIDN'T FOOL ME!

nah but it was neat.